The Maxwell Squadron was formed many years ago in honor of Commodore Sidney Maxwell, founder of the Quad Squad. His ship, the USS Aries, was the flagship of both the Quad Squad and the subsequent Maxwell Squadron. The squadron was an effort to get ships in the area to work together on various projects and for socialization. As time went by, the squadron, and the reasons for its purpose, fell apart.
In August of 2018, the USS Yorktown's commanding officer broached the subject of reforming the squadron with the commanding and executive officers of the USS Aries and the idea was readily agreed upon, and that once again the USS Aries would be the flagship. It is the only remaining ship of the original squadron.
Subsequent meetings were held to create the mission statement, rules and regulations, etc. The Squadron Command consists of:
Squadron Commander - VADM Michael Wilson, USS Aries
Squadron Vice Commander - VADM Kimberly Donohoe, USS Yorktown
Squadron Operations Commander - RADM Judith Durall, USS Aries
New ships/stations memberships are voted on by Squadron Command.
Captains Council - Consists of each participating ship/station commanding officer, or their proxy.
Mission Statement – To bolster each other up and not tear each other down, and to promote friendship, fun and fandom.
- Any ship or station can petition to join.
- Code of Conduct is the same as for STARFLEET International and is expected to be followed.
- Any violation of said conduct will be brought before the council for immediate disciplinary measures.
- Religion or politics have no place within the squadron.
- Diversity will be respected.
- Meetings and activities will be online, and in person when possible.
For more information and to request a petition to join, please fill out the following form: